pregnancy

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Recent Events

We went for a check up on Tuesday and everything looks good with the baby! We heard its heartbeat and asked questions as usual. As we were wrapping it up, our doctor asked, "Is there anything else?" Kevin said, "I guess not, unless we could maybe look at the baby." I was embarrassed of course, to ask the doctor for something extra, but leave it to Kevin to just ask for what he wants (that's how he always gets free stuff everywhere we go...hotel upgrades, skipping to the front of security lines, etc.). Our doctor said we could go ahead and take a look, and here's what we saw! He said it is still a little too early to determine the sex, but I think he might have had an idea. We got to see a little leg kicking, fingers, toes, the whole deal. Kevin said, "This is the coolest thing I have seen in my entire life!"
This past weekend I traveled to Auburn, AL, with my family (Kevin had to work) to be with my sister as she graduated from nursing school. We had a really good time together and I got to be with my mom on Mother's Day too! This is my mom, sister, and I right after her pinning ceremony. Three nurses in a row!We waited for over 2 hours to take a picture in front of this sign. Apparently it's a big deal.
I was going to post a Mother's Day picture that I had with my mom, but my computer is being stubborn, so I will just say a belated Happy Mother's Day to you, Mom! My mom is so special to me, and I think that I appreciate her more and more now that I'm going through this pregnancy. She has given up so much for me and my siblings. She is such a servant with the most giving heart. I know I will look to her for support and as an example as I try to do this whole mother thing. Thank you so much Mom! I love you!

4 comments:

Sallie said...

Happy first mother's day to YOU, Mel! Can't wait to finally meet that sweet baby! He or she will be here before you know it!

Kevin and Laura said...

Congrats Melissa! You guys will be awesome parents.

Amy Porter said...

I can already tell that your baby is super cute!! :) I'm glad everything is going great!

Silverthornes said...

It is great to see the baby is doing so well! We miss you guys! I am glad you are having fun with family and what not. You should come over and hang out with me and the kiddos one day!