pregnancy

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving festivities

For Thanksgiving, we headed to Memphis and spent time with my family. It was great getting to see them and getting to see cousins, aunts, and uncles that we haven't seen in forever. We hung out, watched movies, and had everyone over on Thanksgiving Day. Mom, Jenny, and I went shopping at 6:00 on Friday (we'd never done this before, and probably won't do it again) with all of the other crazy people. It was not really worth the hassle, but we had a fun time together! We took some family pictures in front of the house, but my mom has all of them, so here is one of just Kevin and me:


A pretty tree in Memphis. I haven't seen any quite this pretty in Texas. All of the leaves were so bright!






Jenny and Brandon, hanging out on the couch...(that's Jaycie, our old cat that we gave to my parents...we miss her!)

My dad, doing his official duty of dishwashing...and I am very thankful that he likes it!



My sister, Jenny, and me dowtown at the Mississippi




We had a great holiday together. Somehow, when you are with people you love, time goes by so fast! I have been overwhelmed lately (not just on Thanksgiving) with gratitude for the blessings that Kevin and I have been given...our family, health, strength to get through difficult times, and so many other things that I can't even list them all. When I left the hospital on my last shift before Thanksgiving, I felt guilty that many of my patients would be in the hospital over the holiday, dealing with terminal illnesses and other ailments, while I was free to go spend time with my family. It really humbled me. I want to be more intentional about living each day to the fullest and being thankful for each day God has given me here.

4 comments:

Sallie said...

Beautiful pictures, Melissa! I love the one of you and Kevin... and I can't get over how much you and your siter look alike! WOW! I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I hope we can get together soon! love you guys!

Silverthornes said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time and got to hang out with family. That is always fun! Thank you for sharing the pictures - I love the picture of you and Kevin.

Holly said...

Hey! I found your blog and wanted to say Hi! So glad you and Kevin are doing so great and had a good Thanksgiving. Good to see some pics of you guys! Holly Bewley

TexasNeals said...

i saw your blog listed on jessica's blogroll and thought i'd pop over.
first, congrats on your new nephew. noah is beautiful and i'm glad everything went well for dijana. tell them we said hi and that we are so happy for them. :)
second, i too, love that picture of you and kevin...definately a "framer."
and lastly, your favorite fall things were great! i even went and got my mom one of the homecoming candles (they just got a new house...so appropriate) and she loved it. you have good taste girl. i'm looking forward to your favorite winter things list!! hint, hint :) move over oprah!