pregnancy

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Fall is my favorite season. I love how it feels outside when air gets just a little crispy and we get a break from the sweltering Texas heat! I love all of the different smells of fall, and I love the fact that that once fall is here, Christmas is just around the corner! Here are a few of my favorite things about fall:



Pumpkin Bread! One of my best friend's moms, Miss Pat, gave us her secret Pumpkin Bread recipe, which is absolutely amazing! I didn't really even like pumpkin things until I had this bread! I have started making it every fall. This year my mom also bought me this cute loaf pan that makes the bread mold into she shapes of pumpkins and leaves...so cute! The picture doesn't do it justice. The best part of the bread is the yummy caramel icing on top. I think I might go get a piece right now!


I love being around a fire on a cool night. Last year, for Kevin's birthday, my parents bought him a chiminea. We love building little fires in it and sitting on our patio with our dogs. Here we are enjoying the first fire of the season with Chris and Jill, Kevin's brother and our sis-in-law. Our nephew, Fred, enjoyed burning things in it before he had to go to bed. We burn sticks and branches out of our yard, so it helps keep our yard clean too!



This is one of my favorite fall smells, my Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Wallflower. If any of you are looking for good fall scent, this is it. It smells just like you have a pumpkin pie in the oven. Yummy!


I thought I would try to take a picture of Abby and Chloe in front of my hay bale. I like fall decorations, too! I think I should have bought another mum or two for this hay bale, but oh well. As you can see, Abby is only one who would come close to being in a picture. Chloe was running around the yard eating stuff. Abby has always been our star dog. I know that you're not supposed to have favorites, but Abby is our favorite. She looks like she's being a little snobby in this pic with her nose stuck up!


One more favorite thing is the "Homecoming" scent by the Tyler Candle Company. I know you've all seen these in stores, but they are made about 45 minutes away from us, and the new (I think it's new) Homecoming scent is great!


3 comments:

Sallie said...

I so share your love for fall!! You've made me really crave pumpkin bread...and REALLY want that secret recipe!!! looks so yummy! hope you guys are doing well!!

Silverthornes said...

Yes, the pumpkin bread looks delicious. I must know your secret! or are you allowed to tell anyone? Y
I know what you mean, there are certain smells and feels of fall that are so wonderful. Let's hope it stays cool for a while.

kristy said...

Hi Melissa! Okay, so this is ironic: I was just telling a friend from Harding that you were one of the people we saw this past weekend at Homecoming, and then, when I went to look at Lane Brown's blog, I saw your name listed in her blogroll. It's a small Harding blogging world :)
I'm glad you have a blog and look forward to keeping in touch in the future.