pregnancy

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Same Kind of Different..."

Every once in a while, you find a book that you cannot put down, one that tugs at your emotions so much that you'll stay up until 2:30 in the morning to finish it. Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, is one such book. I highly recommend that you read it.

The story is true, a tale of a homeless man in Dallas and a wealthy international art dealer. It is the story of how their lives intertwine...and how they become friends through the persistence and faith of a woman. This book inspired me, encouraged me, and made me cry. It reminded me of how God can change the world through little acts of faith by His people. I want to reach out to others more and I don't want to let my fears get it the way. As a Christian, I want to have the faith to dream big dreams and to believe that God can make them happen. I desire to be more in tune with what God is trying to tell me.

As you can tell, this book ignited my passion and made me rethink what I do on a day to day basis. All of those mundane things suddenly seem not so important.

2 comments:

Silverthornes said...

I have been meaning to check this one out! sounds interesting

kristy said...

You're right, this book is awesome! I read it about a month ago while traveling to/from Missouri, and couldn't put it down!